Sunday, March 15, 2009

Global Moderator

Whew! Whatever did I do to deserve such a burden in life? Seriously, I am pleased that I will be able to give a bit more of my time and effort to the PCLinuxOS community.

Today was my first day at the job and I learned to split and merge and move posts and topics. I didn't have to do any of those things when I was administering PCLinuxOS China. Then again I had a lot of help from the users.

It'll be different this time though. I've even locked a topic today.

One thing I know though, I will have to be more civil, tolerant and smarter. And it will be a very good experience for me doing the tasks of a global moderator. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! (Or condolences, as you feel appropriate.)

    I have been a Moderator, Global Moderator, and now co-Admin of a huge website for six years now. Each step up the ladder has meant more responsibility (of course), as well as the implicit recognition that you have to remain civil and tolerant, even when the users are doing things that are stupid, obnoxious, outrageous, and just plain wrong! You can't let yourself get dragged down into the "mud". If you can remain cool, calm and courteous ("professional") in even the most extreme situations, you will remain highly regarded by all.

    I'm sure you will do a good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kevin. I appreciate your confidence. I will give the best that I can to our community.

    ReplyDelete